Welcome ToTaft-Galloway Elementary School
Mission Statement & Points of Pride
The vision of Taft-Galloway Elementary is to create an engaging and safe school that inspires growth and learning for all
Taft-Galloway takes PRIDE in being:
Role models for others
Dedicated to learning
Points of Pride
- The tremendous growth in students who received small group RTI instruction in Reading
- Partnership with Wayne Youth Services, Safety Squad, Student-Led Bus Patrol,
- Reduction in office referrals and a significant increase in alternatives to suspension.
- "Girls on the Run (5k) and Community Impact Project
- Turkey Trot- collecting food for those in need and donating it to St. Mary's church.
- Angel Tree- buying Christmas gifts for needy families
- Student-led BROADCAST CREW giving Taft announcements every morning and facilitating "Brain Gym"
- TAPS Parent group is launching more parental involvement activities.
- Futures- Tutoring and Enrichment Activities / Multiple Teachers ran clubs
- Teachers are extremely hard working and educate with Strength, Honor Integrity and Perseverance.
The Cost of Educating a Student
We're having our annual State of the District event on October 23, 2018 at John Glenn Auditorium (36105 Marquette, Westland MI) at 6:30pm (doors open at 6pm for gallery walk)
This event takes place at
Wayne Memorial High School
3001 Fourth Street
Wayne, MI 48184
What time? 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm
This is a FREE family fun event open to all Wayne-Westland students (6th Grade and under). There will be trick or treating, Halloween skits, and treats. Dress appropriately!
At 7:15 pm, please join us at the football field for a special show "Friday Night Lights," presented by WMHS Zebra Marching Band!
Taft Latest News
Every year the Grange, a Non-Profit Organization founded by farmers to improve agriculture, legislation, and community, donates hundreds of dictionaries to local schools. The Dictionary Program or "Words for Thirds" is a huge project that many Granges do!
This year we had a record amount of dictionaries our Grange ordered and delivered, which essentially means the number of children in need of dictionaries and the amount of which we can help is increasing.
In total, we delivered 1,200 dictionaries this year! Yet the amazing part is the impact the gift of a dictionary has on these children. And we are always happy to give these children that, the gift of knowledge!
Thank you Taft-Galloway students for leading the Pledge of Allegiance at the Oct. 15, 2018 Board of Education meeting.
Great News- FREE Breakfast and Lunch for ALL K-12 students!
Beginning Oct. 1, 2018, Wayne-Westland Community Schools will offer FREE breakfast and lunch to all K-12 students.
We had the wonderful honor of the Detroit redwings school assembly program visit the “World”s Greatest” elementary school yesterday.
Attendance Line: 734-419-2767
Student Hours: Full Day: 9:00 am - 3:50 pm
AM Half Day: 9:00 am -12:10 pm
|‹ October 2018 ›|