Welcome ToSchweitzer Elementary School
Transportation Bus Routes - Schweitzer
Bus Transportation Forms & Information
First Weeks of School Handbook
Code of Conduct
Elementary Points of Pride
Family Handbook 2017-18
Report Card Standards
School Improvement Plan
Annual Education Reports
School Supply List
Mission Statement & Points of Pride
We believe that...
- All students can learn and succeed.
- Children learn at different rates and in different ways.
- Learning is an active process.
- Learning takes place in a safe, orderly and secure environment.
- A positive, supportive environment encourages successful learning.
- Successful learning takes place when parents, teachers, support staff and students work together as partners.
- Children learn best when teachers use the most effective instructional strategies.
Points of Pride
- A Leader in Me School
- Many Student Leadership Opportunities & Student Lighthouse Team
- Adopted by the Westland Rotary
- Positive Culture and Committed Staff
- Strong Family Support through our Schweitzer Worker Bee Association
- Bright Futures afterschool program
- Afterschool enrichment opportunities such as Drama, Archery, Basketball, Floor Hockey
- One of the top two highest usages for Compass Learning
- Reading Intervention Program
- Family Nights (Bingo for Books, Picnic, Science & Math Programs, Trunk or Treat, Holiday Night)
- Student learning data monitored and shared with families through Leadership Notebooks and Leadership Day
The Cost of Educating a Student
We are surveying our staff and community about what you think is most important as we develop our Profile of a Graduate. Please complete this initial survey with your top 7 choices of the most critical elements of a high school graduate.
We need your help! Help WWCS redesign our secondary schools. Follow this link to provide your feedback
Schweitzer Latest News
Schweitzer Elementary kindergarten students from Mrs. Bylo, Ms. McKolay and Mrs. VanHulle's classes performed a Holiday program for their families on Friday, December 14th at Stockmeyer Auditorium. The students performed and sang many classic holiday songs and the evening concluded with a fun family sing-a-long!
Great News- FREE Breakfast and Lunch for ALL K-12 students!
Beginning Oct. 1, 2018, Wayne-Westland Community Schools will offer FREE breakfast and lunch to all K-12 students.
Attendance Line: 734-419-2757
Student Hours: Full Day: 8:30 am - 3:20 pm
AM Half Day: 8:30 am -11:40 am
|‹ January 2019 ›|
1/2 day of School-a.m. Classes only 8:30 AM to 11:40 AM1/2 day of School-a.m. Classes onlyDate: Jan 18Time: 8:30 AM to 11:40 AMCalendar: Schweitzer Elementary School
Martin Luther King Day-No SchoolDate: Jan 21Calendar: Schweitzer Elementary School
22 Janthru Jan 24
Mobile Dentists visit SchweitzerDate: Jan 22 - Jan 24Calendar: Schweitzer Elementary School
In District SOC Applications available in Schweitzer OfficeDate: Jan 24Calendar: Schweitzer Elementary School
Author of the Month 2:00 PM to 3:00 PMAuthor of the MonthDate: Jan 28Time: 2:00 PM to 3:00 PMCalendar: Schweitzer Elementary School