We're having our annual State of the District event on October 23, 2018 at John Glenn Auditorium (36105 Marquette, Westland MI) at 6:30pm (doors open at 6pm for gallery walk)
This event takes place at
Wayne Memorial High School
3001 Fourth Street
Wayne, MI 48184
What time? 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm
This is a FREE family fun event open to all Wayne-Westland students (6th Grade and under). There will be trick or treating, Halloween skits, and treats. Dress appropriately!
At 7:15 pm, please join us at the football field for a special show "Friday Night Lights," presented by WMHS Zebra Marching Band!
The following is an updated list of Board of Education meetings:
- May 21 -Study Session -6:00 p.m.
- June 4 -Regular Meeting -7:00 p.m. (The resolution to approve the tax levy needs to be presented at this meeting in order to comply with timelines from the cities.)
- June 18-Regular Meeting -7:00 p.m. (Final budget amendment, budget hearing, budget)
- July 30 -Regular Meeting (NO meeting on July 16) -7:00 p.m.
- August 20 -Regular Meeting -7:00 p.m.
- September 17 -Regular Meeting -7:00 p.m.
- October 1 -Study Session -6:00 p.m. (location to be determined)
- October 15 -Regular Meeting -7:00 p.m.
- November 12 -Regular Meeting -7:00 p.m.
- November 26 -Study Session -6:00 p.m. (location to be determined)
- December 10 -Regular Meeting -7:00 p.m.
Where? Tinkham High School
Please RSVP to (734) 419-2426
We hope to see you there! Click flyer for larger image
Every year for the past 6 years National Junior Honor Society has had a Pink Out at Stevenson Middle School. We sell bracelets, stickers, pencils, pens, and bookmarks. Our goal is to raise $200.00 each year that we can donate to the Karmanos Cancer Foundation. in Detroit. The students and staff participate by wearing as much pink as they possibly can, some even dye their hair pink for the day. Today was no different, everyone came dressed in pink. It was amazing.
Seniors at Wayne Memorial High School participated in College Application Day on Oct. 17, 2018 by completing applications for colleges of their choice.
Congratulations to members of the Zebra Marching Band for a great performance last Saturday at the DeWitt HS Competition and for being awarded 2nd Place in Class A and 3rd out of 13 total bands!
Please take a moment and vote for the Zebra Marching Band in WDIV's Best Marching Band Contest! The band is in the Top Ten. Let's get them to #1
Every year the Grange, a Non-Profit Organization founded by farmers to improve agriculture, legislation, and community, donates hundreds of dictionaries to local schools. The Dictionary Program or "Words for Thirds" is a huge project that many Granges do!
This year we had a record amount of dictionaries our Grange ordered and delivered, which essentially means the number of children in need of dictionaries and the amount of which we can help is increasing.
In total, we delivered 1,200 dictionaries this year! Yet the amazing part is the impact the gift of a dictionary has on these children. And we are always happy to give these children that, the gift of knowledge!
View our School Photo Galleries
- Edison Elementary School
- Elliott Elementary School
- Graham Elementary School
- Hamilton Elementary School
- Hicks Elementary School
- Hoover Elementary School
- Roosevelt-McGrath Elementary School
- Schweitzer Elementary School
- Taft-Galloway Elementary School
- Walker-Winter Elementary School
- Wildwood Elementary School