Family & Community Engagement
Engaging families to improve the health and welfare of our community.
Intentionally connecting community partners to support our schools, staff, students and their families.
How You Can Help
- Fund a "buddy bench”
- Staff appreciation
- Beautification project at school (maintain green space, plant flowers around the school and in courtyards)
- Provide sweatpants, underwear, and socks
- Sponsor a class field trip
- Provide tissue, sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer for classrooms
- Adopt a new teacher
- Purchase electric pencil sharpeners for teachers
- Adopt families during the holidays
- Purchase games and equipment for recess
- Sponsor a student to participate in after-school activities
- Read to kids (Literacy Corps)
- Mentor kids - meet with students on a regular basis to check-in and provide guidance
- Help students during lunchtime
- Help monitor students during recess
- Be a guest speaker
- Host/sponsor a family event
- Serve on an advisory board
- Help students with their homework
- Facilitate an after-school club
- Classroom volunteer
- Hallway/lunch monitor
- Become a Watch D.O.G.
View our District Map
Upcoming Community Events
Check out our "Show Me the Money Day" happening at Jefferson Barns Community Vitality Center. Friday, February 8, 2019 (11am to 4pm) 18100 Meyers Rd, Detroit MI 48235 & Monday, February 11, 2019 (4pm to 7pm) 32150 Dorsey St, Westland, MI 48186
Click the link above for more information from our community partners such as Goodfellows, Salvation Army, and Hype.
Thank you to Canton Charter Academy for the impressive toiletry, socks and underwear drive by the 5th grade class. All of these items were donated by just 84 students and families. We appreciate your generosity and supporting the Family Resource Center.
Families from the Sunshine & Rainbows Preschool along with the Early Childhood/Teacher Education high school students donated hats, gloves and hygiene items for families in need. Please contact the Wayne-Westland Family Resource Center if you are in need before we leave for the holiday break at (734) 419-2709.
Thank you to the Wayne/Westland Women of the Moose #2158! They donated assorted hats, gloves, socks, shoes and clothing for students in need to our Family Resource Center. We appreciate your support!
Thank you to Wade Trim, who made a donation of winter hats and gloves to our Family Resource Centers. We appreciate your support of our students!
This list above contains a list of the following: abuse, add/adhd, adoption/fostercare, adult daycare, alternative schools, assisted living, benefits, child support, childcare, clothing, counseling & crisis intervention, dental, diapers, diabetes, disability information, divorce support, education & literacy, educational testing, employment, English second language (ESL), financial assistance, fire support, food programs, foster care, furniture, grief support, healthcare, hearing impaired, homelessness, housing, infant & prenatal, insurance, laundry services, legal assistance, libraries, literacy services, metal health, mentoring, motgage, parenting support, runaway, senior services, special education, substance abuse, suicide hotline, support groups, transportation, tutoring, unemployment, utilities, and vison.