Using the Math Dictionary below find the definitions of the following words:
Congruent sides and congruent angles
Definition and Sketch/diagram
In the space provided, write the definition and sketch a parallelogram. Label your diagram.
Sum of Interior and exterior angles
Based on the previous lessons answer the following:
1. A parallelogram has _____ sides and _____ angles.
2. The sum of the interior angles of a parallelogram is ________. Explain how you got the answer.
3. The sum of the exterior angles of a parallelogram is ______. Explain how you got the answer.
Real Life examples
Give 5 more examples of real life parallelograms.
1. What is a parallelogram?
2. How many parallel lines does it have? Use the diagram on your worksheet
3. How many congruent sides does it have? What are they based on the diagram on your worksheet
4. What did you find about the angles?
5. What did you find about the diagonals?
Follow the following videos and complete the worksheet. Do not forget to write down the practice problems on a separate sheet of paper to have as example.
(On the right hand side, click on problem 1, problem 2 and problem 3 to view all practice problems)
Home | Quadrilateral Investigation | Introduction | Tasks | Polygons | Sum of Angles in a Polygon | Parallelograms | Rhombuses | Rectangles | Squares |Trapezoids | Kites