The following is an updated list of Board of Education meetings:
- May 21 - study session - 6:00 p.m.
- June 18 - regular meeting (not a study session) (NO meeting on June 4 or June 25) - 7:00 p.m.
- July 30 - regular meeting (NO meeting on July 16) - 7:00 p.m.
- October 1 - study session - 6:00 p.m.
- November 26 - study session - 6:00 p.m.
The rest of the dates of regularly scheduled board meetings for 2018 remains the same (7:00 p.m. start time):
- August 20
- September 17
- October 15
- November 12
- December 10
State Representative Robert Kosowski visited P.D. Graham Elementary School on Monday, March 19th, 2018 for March is Reading Month. Mr. Kosowski visited Mrs. Held and Mrs. Taylor’s classrooms to read a story and share some information about his job to the first-grade students. View all images from this event here.
Our seniors volunteered their time and packed backpacks with school supplies for our Kindergarten Roundup which takes place March 16th! View all of these images here.
See more images from this event over at Detroit Free Press
Mike Mars won Mr. Wrestler of the year at the Detroit Free Press Sports Awards Ceremony Saturday night. The event was at the Fillmore in Detroit. The red carpet was quite a celebration. He won the award over several very talented athletes from across the state.
Mikey also won wrestler of the year for D1 from the Michigan Wrestling Coaches Association. He received a huge trophy for both awards. USA wrestling also had his picture and a write up with All American honors about him. This goes to every school across the country!
This young man is a celebrity!! Can't wait to see what he accomplishes at the University of Michigan!
Attached is a picture with his sister who is also a JG graduate. Please tell him congrats if you see him!
Thank you to all who show us your continued support.
See our list of our transition programs and established community partners
We would like to celebrate the following Awards of Recognitions to the following students and teams.
- YMCA Summer Camp Essay Contest Winners Sponsored by North Brothers Ford - Pek
- Michigan Department of Education: Top Ten in Ten Roadshow Implementation of Next Generation of Science Standards in Biology/Accelerated Biology Class with teacher Greg Cooper at John Glenn High School
- WMHS Boys Basketball Team
- WMHS Girls Basketball Team
- WMHS Boys Bowling Team
- WMHS Ethics Team
- WMHS Percussion Team
- WMHS JROTC
- JGHS Wrestling Team
- JGHS JROTC
We are excited to share that the generous gifts our Early Childhood/Teacher Education students and pre-school students sent to deployed soldiers were enthusiastically received. A wonderful thank you letter and photo of some of the men and women who received the items that were sent were received by Mrs. Vaughan. Once again, kindness speaks volumes, even when miles are between people. Thank you to all who participated and brightened the day for some of our troops who are away from home.
On April 27th, our Sunshine & Rainbows program traveled to Ann Arbor's Hands on Museum. View all the images here.
View our School Photo Galleries
- Edison Elementary School
- Elliott Elementary School
- Graham Elementary School
- Hamilton Elementary School
- Hicks Elementary School
- Hoover Elementary School
- Roosevelt-McGrath Elementary School
- Schweitzer Elementary School
- Taft-Galloway Elementary School
- Walker-Winter Elementary School
- Wildwood Elementary School